We went to the Discovery Gateway Museum today. SOOO fun! I was a little skeptical what with it costing us $36 for me and the two kiddos, but we loved it.
It was a little overwhelming at first. There were several bus loads of school-aged kids there as well, and so much to do; plus we were meeting some friends. We spent a couple hours there in the morning then had lunch and went home for a nap and came back in the afternoon when the school kids were gone. That was MUCH better. The girls weren't getting pushed around and there were more toys and activities to go around. They had a blast.
We saw the Sesame Street exhibit and it was pretty good, but I think most of the stuff was over the girls heads. Naiya loved to press the button that made poop (yes, that is no typo).
They got a chance to get in the helicoptor by themselves.

They got to play with all the blocks.

And had a blast dressing up ...
and playing cars.

Eva cried and cried when it was time to leave each area and move onto the next. Then she would get all excited to do the new thing and would cry again when it was time to leave. She was really bummed out when we left for good and she ended up in the car seat instead of somewhere fun. It was a great day!
Tonight while we were cleaning Naiya's ears with the earring solution, I asked her who she wanted to sing happy birthday to, and she said "The Poop Machine!!" Apparently that is the one memory from today that she will hold near and dear. Good thing, cause I didn't bother to take any pictures of that!
2 comments:
Bummer!! I was gonna ask if you had any pictures of the Poop machine- I'm curious.... ;)
-Malia
I just took Jackson there on Thursday and his favorite was the poop too!
He was terrified of the helicopter though.
I should have read this before I went, I would have been warned about the school kids--as soon as they left, it was heavenly!
Post a Comment