Friday, May 22, 2009

Rockin' Utah

I mentioned this great program called "Rockin' Utah" on my teaching blog, and last week we went on our first outing. It was up at the Wasatch Mountain State Park in Midway. We met up with the group and went on a fun little hike up to a vernal pond (I learned that a "vernal" pond is one that is only there during the spring and dries up in the summer.) We saw a lot of little critters and I even caught a frog (for a minute). Here are a few pics from our adventure:
Daddy hanging out

Mommy looking thrilled that both girls preferred to be carried by mommy at the moment.The girls resting at the pond - as you can see from the previous picture, the hike was tough on them ;)
At the end of the hike we each got a cool aluminum water bottle and we got these awesome binoculars for the family (so not a cheap pair!)

It was fun to get the girls up in the mountains again. I'd never been to Wasatch Mountain State Park (at least not intentionally). I highly recommend checking out the other "Rockin Utah" activities. Fun for the whole family.

2 comments:

Mel said...

How fun! Utah is so cool. Way to go doing all the fun things it has to offer.

Jen M said...

very cool! looks very pretty. If dan and i ever get done with our condo. We'll have to get back to doing more hikes with our kids again.