Sunday, July 12, 2009

30 is the new 20...Right???!

Last night, Jared and I were going to go out for my birthday dinner. We dropped the kids of at my parents house, got gas in the subie then went over to spread some quick cheer at my good friend Betsy's house before our dinner reservations..... or so I thought. Instead it was a big surprise party.
Yay for surprise parties with lots of dear friends!!!

The reaction?... I cried. Seriously people... CRIED. I'm a baby. I'd better toughen up by tomorrow cause I hear that big girls don't cry and I think 30 certainly qualifies as a "big girl." (maybe even a woman... wait no.. that's still almost as weird as being called "mam.")

My mom made the yummy cake: Seriously... 30 candles is a fire hazard already! I'm voting that from here on out we just do the numbered candles as to prevent the loss of hair/structures/lives.

It was so nice to see lots of dear friends that I don't' get to see enough of. I've posted more pictures on facebook, so I won't post a bunch here, but thank you to everyone who helped with, came to, thought about, or would have been to my party. Especially thank you to Betsy for hosting/doing tons of prep for the party, my mom for supplying lots of food (and CAKE! :) and Jared for the idea, the phone calls and the banner. It was the best!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Birthday! Mark's 30th is on the 19th so I have to get going on his birthday surprise. It sure looks like you had a great one. 30 is definitely the new 20. You look great!

Erica said...

Happy birthday, Lucie!! Looks like a fun party!! I totally would have been there if I could have. I hope you got the card I sent you...I was definitely thinking about you! Love you so much!!

Amanda said...

30 is the new 20 indeed! You are such a cute girl Lucie! What a fun time and surprises are so fun!