Tuesday, July 21, 2009

rhinoplasty?

As I mentioned in my post about my new addiction, we are house/dog sitting for Neema and Pa. Although Eva sleeps in a big girl bed at our house, she had a crib here at her grandparents house. The crib makes night time snuggles difficult, but she still has been getting tickles.
For whatever reason (too many to list), I have been even more tired than usual lately. So yesterday instead of standing up and reaching down into the crib to tickle her little back, I sat on the floor and carefully squeezed my arm in through the bars of the crib. (Thankfully my arms are the skinniest thing on me!) As I closed my eyes, leaned on the crib and tickled her, Eva looked at me and said, "Mom, you need to stand up and tickle me." To which I replied, "Mommy's sleepy and wants to sit for your tickles today." At this point my sweet, innocent child stood up in the crib with her hands on her hips and said, "Well, when you are close to me your nose looks like a rhinoceros and I would like it if you tickle me from a little further away...... please."

At least she said please. ;)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh My Gosh!! That is hilarious. I just busted up laughing. Kids. I swear. Where do they get this stuff? She is such a cutie though. And, she was semi-polite about it. So that helps, right!? Hee Hee!!

Mel said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard a kid say. I hope you didn't tickle her after that. :) I think your nose is GREAT!

Jen M said...

lol thats too cute. yep atleast she said please.

Erica said...

Eva is so SO funny! I love it because she's so little and uses huge words like "rhinoceros!" She is one smart little cookie! :o)

Brookie Biggers said...

OMG! R U serious that is so freaking funny! I can't believe the things our kiddos saysometimes!