Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 1

Today was my first day back teaching in 4 years. It was also the girls first day at preschool. They both did great although Naiya didn't like that it took "a hundred hours to be at school." They aren't sure they want to go back tomorrow. I told them that I knew it was a really long day for them (they have to go all day since I have to teach all day) and that I was very proud of them. I also told them that they would get used to the long day and it would be okay. Now will someone tell me that?
My kids are sad and miss me.
I miss my kids.
My house is s mess.
I still have tons to do to get ready for tomorrow.

Once again, I have pictures that I am not going to take the time to post right now. I'm happy to get this paragraph typed out... seriously!

7 comments:

Mel said...

You can do it! Everything will be alright. Soon your kids will LOVE preschool. And there is always another day to clean the house. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep it up, Lucie, you are doing great. Just remember, it's not a 5k, it's a marathon. Pace yourself and keep your priorities straight, the house should not be very high on the list. Have fun, relax and enjoy. Few years down the road you will be smiling thinking about these days. The girls will love it too. When I come back from Czech, I will take the girls and make you relax and take a long bubble bath. :) I love you! Take care!

Amanda said...

Lucie, you are so sweet. I admire you and all that you do! Your girls are the cutest ever and they will get used to the long days... I just know it! My friend told me the other day as I was freaking out about my house work still not being caught up that if I had a clean house, she'd think I was doing something wrong... She's right. Priorities change as our lives change. I think you're doing amazing things, and you are a true inspiration!

Trisa said...

the first day is always the hardest! hang in there. your girls will adjust quickly.

Marci Sample said...

You are amazing and I know that you will make it work and be the best experience for the girls! It is hard to leave them but I know you wouldn't be leaving them just anywhere. IT WILL BE OKAY!

Erica said...

Reading what you write always makes me want to be a better mother. You are truly an inspiration - your girls (and Jared!) are so lucky to have you!

The Richardsons said...

I didn't know you taught. What a fantastic and semi family-friendly job! I bet you're great!