I have oodles of stuff to blog about. (Some of it from way back when there was snow to ski on!) I don't know when (or if) I'll get around to it, but I didn't want to forget these two little tidbits.
First from Eva... Lately she tells me all about how she wants to be a grown up. She can't wait. She wants to drive, buy things, have a phone... and of course have a baby. She's started telling me that she wishes that she were me. Today in the car...
Eva- I really wish I could be you... Do you wish you could be me?
Me- Sometimes.
Eva- Right now... Will you wish it right now?
Me- Okay.
Eva- (pause) It didn't work. Maybe we can try it again another day.
I love her.
Now from Naiya... Yesterday in the car (again... we live in the car lately) We talking about names. Naiya LOVES to make up names. She has since she was itty bitty. They asked about why Neema is called Neema and Pa is called Pa (although they know the stories... they have heard me tell them many times). Then...
Eva- What will Dad be when I have a baby?
Me- He will still be your dad.
Eva- No... what will we call him?
Me- I don't know... maybe Pop Pop. Maybe your kids will think of something.
Naiya- Yeah, like we did.
Me- What will your kids call me?
Naiya- (without missing a beat like if she's been thinking about it for years) Basil.
Basil? I love her!
5 comments:
It's good to see you back,future Basil. :)
Your girls are SO cute!! I love that...I can just see Pop Pop and Basil surrounded by their grandbabies just as precocious as their mothers. ;o) Love you!
How cute are your ladies!? Basil! I love it. And, that is so cute that Eva wants to be you. I want to be you! :)
HA HA HA!!!! Your girls crack me up! I LOVE IT! I am going to start calling you Basil too :0)
Dear Basil,
Your girls crack me up. My girls still think they ARE babies. Having babies of their own is the furthest thing from their minds. Sounds like your two are already ready to move out and be independent! Sounds lovely some days...
Love,
Heather
Post a Comment