The world may end tomorrow... maybe. I thought today might be a good day to post some things that you probably don't know about me.... ya know, just in case. These are 12 completely random facts that popped into my head as I started typing. (12 since it is nearing the end of 2012):
1. I have personal dance parties in my kitchen after everyone is sleeping. Usually while I'm baking cookies, doing dishes, mopping... you get the picture. I'm sure it's not a pretty picture (but that's why I wait until everyone is sleeping.)
2. I become obsessed (like high-school-crush obsessed) with bands. I always have and I probably always will. As I type, I am listening to a youtube loop of the Lumineers top 17 songs. I love them (as of earlier this week). Love. I could listen to this for-e-ver... or until the next obsession comes along.
3. I have become a terrible housekeeper since I started working full time again (ya know... 4 years ago). I would so much rather make a mess (baking, crafting, etc) than clean it up. Time is limited. I pick my battles (and by battles, I mean that I do the fun things and leave the messes for later).
4. I know the rules about the carpool lane. I know that if you have two or more live bodies in your car you can use the carpool lane. I still can't bring myself to use the carpool lane unless there is someone in my car who could have driven separately. If the extra bodies are children under 16 (even if it's a car load of them) I can't do it... not even if the carpool lane is whizzing by me as I'm stuck in traffic. I may have a mental disability.
5. When I was in elementary school, I was put into the "talent pool" or advanced class. The whole time I was terrified that someone would find out that it was a big mistake. I thought someone would figure me out. I still worry about that.
6. There is a certain intersection on Foothill Drive that I try to avoid if at all possible. Evey time I drive through it I picture a car accident so vivid that I am convinced that it either must have happened to someone in the past or it is a glimpse into the future. I'd rather go the long way.
7. I pay extra money for Meyer's dish soap in the Basil scent. I know it costs more and is more difficult to find, but dishes are funner to do with basil scented dish soap because at one point, years ago, my girls decided that Basil would be my grandma name. I never want to forget that.
8. I love to read but have a hard time finishing a book. Currently I have bookmarks in at least 5 different books. I pick one up, get into it, then something comes up and I don't have the time to finish it... Then I get another book and start reading it.... It's a vicious cycle. Every now and again I have a few all night read-a-thons and I catch up on a few books at at time... but then I just load up on more books and the cycle starts again.
9. I procrastinate. It's horrible. I am not sure if it is because I am busy or if I make myself busy... Okay. I know the answer to that. I find things to make myself busy that are less "important" than the task I should be doing. Then I have to pull an all-nighter to get my "have-to-do" done in time. Sometimes I feel like my best ideas come under pressure... sometimes I'm must pretty sure that I have that mental disability that I mentioned earlier. I pull at least one all-nighter a month. It takes me back to being in high school and cramming for AP exams... except without the peanut butter M&M's and all of the giggling.... OK.. maybe sometime there are M&M's and giggles, even now.
10. I love the stage of life that my girls are in. I love what they are learning. I love what they can do. I love what they share with me. I love what they teach me every day. I love how they look out for each other. I love their compassion, creativity, excitement, and joy for life.
11. I miss my girls being babies. I miss how they would tickle my side while they nursed. I miss the little noises & faces they made when they were sleeping, eating, smiling, excited, sad, tired, surprised... I miss their tiny little hands. I miss every new thing. I miss everything about it. So bad. It hurts my heart to think about it. (I just cried a little.) I would have a million babies if I could. One million.
12. If someone offered me a cabin on a little plot of land away from society where I could raise my girls, have a goat, grow my own food, keep bees & chickens, and just plain slow life down, I would do it. In a heartbeat. Yesterday.
As I was typing I thought of about 20 more facts. I'll save them for another day... if there is another day to save them for. ;)
3 comments:
I love you. I am proud of you and hope to see you become Basil. Take care.
So heartfelt. It made me cry a little, too. Here's hoping tomorrow's not the end of the world, because you make it such a wonderful place to be. Love you!
You are too cute! Love you girl!
Post a Comment