It was Tennessee's very first Halloween, and the girls first Halloween at their new school. I was not quite ready to take our newborn little guy into the germy school environment to watch the parade or help with class parties. Luckily, Jared was able to take the day off and play Mr. Mom at the school while I stayed home and cuddled our little guy.
This year, Naiya decided that she wanted to be a cowgirl. My favorite part was her freckles. She was very specific as to how many she wanted on each cheek and how big they should be. It turned out darling.
Eva decided that she didn't get quite enough of Hermione last year and she would repeat her costume this year. As they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." She really is a perfect Hermione.
Tennessee didn't get to have a say in his costume. As luck would have it, he was almost exactly the same size as Eva on her first Halloween. That year, Neema had sewn an amazing little bumble bee costume for her, and, of course, we've kept it all these years. Little Tennessee totally pulled it off.
When the girls got home from school they got re-ready and we joined the crock-pot-luck party in the neighborhood. This is an extra fun tradition that our neighbor started last year. It is a fun way to get together before all the kids go out trick-or-treating. I hope the tradition continues as long as we are living here.
After the pot-luck, Jared took the girls trick-or-treating while Tennessee and I answered the door and handed out candy. It was a perfect ending to a fun day!
On a side note... I've been singing, "I'm bringing home my baby bumble bee," all day long.... do you think he's getting tired of it? ;)



.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment