Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Things that make you go hmmm...


This morning when Naiya came out of her room she had an arm full of stuffed animals (mostly dogs and one cat). She came up to me... and it went a little something like this:


Naiya: Do you want to pet my doggies?

Me: Sure!

Naiya: Be soft, mom.

Me: Of Course!

Naiya: Say, what's your doggies' names.

Me: What are your doggies names, Naiya.

Naiya: This one is Stook Stook (surprise, surprise). This one is Hamput. This one is Hump Hump. This one is Heet Haw the kitten. (Wow, no other repeats!)

Me: What was that one again?

Naiya: Hump Hump.

Me: Okay......

Naiya: (as a sly smile comes across her face) Mom, my dogs bite.

Me: Oh, should I not pet them then?

Naiya: No, you should still pet them.


Hmmm.... There are a couple things from this conversation that cause me to pause. Should I be concerned? :)

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love the names she's given her animals! :o) I would totally not be concerned at all...this is the time when names like "Hump hump" are nothing but sugar and innocence! Enjoy it while it lasts! :o)