For those of you that don't know... I have several nick-names for my girls. Naiya was my little bug. I used to call her my baby a lot. I also call her Mae-Mae sometimes because her middle name is Mae. Sometimes I call her kitten. Lately she's started telling me that she is NOT a my bug or my kitten and she certainly is NOT a baby ("Eva is your baby, mom.") "What are you?" I ask. "I'm just Naiya. I'm a big girl, Naiya." :) Sometimes, however, she likes to pretend to be a dog/cat/frog/any animal imaginable. Then she comes to me and says, "Say what is your name doggie (kitty/froggie...)." When I ask she makes up these funny little names. The one she says most frequently is "Stook Stook," but there are several others (Koko, Blink-Blink, Stik-Stik..... you get the idea). I love that they always repeat. She makes me smile.
Then there's Eva. She is now my baby (and LOVES being called baby). I also call her Lily-Loo, or Loo Loo (because her middle name is Lily). For a while I called her Pickle because it was all she wanted to eat and it reflected her personality at the time. Recently, because she is so tiny, I started calling her my Peanut. The other day I was asking Naiya to hand me something and I accidentaly called her Peanut. Eva ran in from the other room crying. Here's the interaction we had:
Mom- What's the matter Eva?
Eva- WAAAAAA!
Mom- Baby what's wrong?
Eva- WAAAAAA!
Mom- Did you get hurt?
Eva- WAAAA -No!-WAAAA!
Mom- Tell mommy what happened.
Eva-(Through tears and still sobbing) I'm your peanut!
Poor thing! She was so upset because I had called Naiya, "Peanut." What can I say to that. I guess Peanut is one nick-name that's gonna stick! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment