Friday, October 3, 2008

And Now...

So, September was a busy month. I finished my 100 thing challenge, had my first ever yard sale, got our car and house more earthquake/disaster ready (still have a little ways to go), I ate vegan for 30 days (still going on that), I started my Teach Your Tots blog, and it was Eva's birthday. I'm sure I'm missing some other stuff, but that's all I can think of right now.
Now that it's 3 days into October, I'm getting the itch to expand my to-do list. (I'm not sure why, I feel busy enough as is!) Last month the focus was de-cluttering and safety stuff around the house. This month is finishing that stuff and adding paper work and finances to the mix.
This month I want to:
-Organize our office
-Get our documents into a safety Deposit box (did you know they are only like $20/year?!)
-Make copies of all those documents to keep in case of emergency
-Make back up copies of all of our pictures
-Have all of our pictures printed so that I can start making albums
-Update our business tax logs for 2008 (last year I put it off and regretted it)
- Start working on making Christmas gifts (I'll tell you more about that later)
- Have a plumber come clean out our pipes
- Make/Alter Halloween costumes for the girls
- Plan a toddler Halloween party
- Try Bikram's Yoga
- Get Eva a new bed
- Paint the outside of our house

There's more that I want to do, but I'd better save something for November. Now I told everyone, I really need to get it all done! (As apposed to when I make a list just for myself and don't end up doing 1/2 of it!) Guess it's time to stop blogging (for today) and get busy. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Ware Family said...

I need a nap after reading your list.
My list looks like this:
*shower
*eat
*don't forget to feed the kids!
and if we're lucky, the bathrooms will get wiped down with clorox wipes, laundry might get done, and the kids just may get a bath!
You're amazing.

Erica said...

Good luck!! I always feel so motivated after I read your blog...thanks for keeping me on my toes! :o)

Diane said...

Two things. The safe deposit box is a great idea. For all the super important stuff that you have copies of at home - put them in a Ziploc in the freezer - then if there is a fire or something they are safe. Plus who would look there.

Bikram Yoga! Holy Crap it is hot and smelly - that is my only warning to you. Good luck. (It does make you feel great!)