It's been 2 weeks since I've blogged anything about the family(a.k.a. a "real" blog). I know that's not long for some, but for me it's a record! I've been busy, but not much more busy than usual. I guess subconsciously I needed a break. Well, the girls are sleeping and Jared's out with some friends, so I guess I have some catching up to do.
At some point between the last two weeks, we went to the Zoo with my friend Elissa and her boys. I couldn't resist posting this picture:
Last Friday we went to Gardner Village to have a picnic and to visit all the fun witches on display. Unfortunately it was UEA weekend and apparently EVERY other family in the valley thought it would be a fun free outing too. We still had a good time. I'm sure the girls didn't even notice the crowds. The main reason I did was because of the long walk from the over-over flow parking lot, and even more so, the l...o...n...g walk back. ;) Here's a pick of the ladies with their new witchy friend.
Strangely enough, I didn't get them all dolled up in Halloween outfits. That's usually right up my alley, but I didn't think about it this time. You should note, however that both girls are wearing rain boots on a perfectly sunny day. ;)
Last weekend we went up to Snowbird. They had a "customer appreciation" day where if you brought up canned food, you could ride the tram for free. Good deal for a good cause. We had a blast. Here's a pic from the top of Hidden Peak (where the upper tram dock is).
It was fabulous. We haven't hiked any peaks this year so it was great to be up at such a high elevation with such breath taking views.
After the tram, we let the girls bounce in the bounce house and on the slide.
I didn't get a picture of the slide because every time Naiya hiked up to the top, she would start crying (she gets anxiety about a lot of people on a slide). This would get Eva crying too, and I had to either hike up or coax them down. This happened like 4 times. (You'd think they'd learn by time number 2, but not so much!) :)
This morning we went to Barnes and Noble for story time. Curious George dropped by for a visit. The girls were LOVING it (not that you can tell from this picture).
Poor Eva really liked him from a distance but would cling to me like there's no tomorrow when we got too close. When it was time for him to go, however, she cried and cried that she wanted him to stay. She even mentioned it again later. "Mom, I really wanted Curious Monkey to come back, but he didn't. That's not nice." Funny girl!
I'm having technical difficulties with getting the pictures to post. Apparently everyone in the the entire blog-o-sphere is blogging right now and the system is a little over loaded. I'll post them later... I PROMISE for real this time.
At some point between the last two weeks, we went to the Zoo with my friend Elissa and her boys. I couldn't resist posting this picture:
Last Friday we went to Gardner Village to have a picnic and to visit all the fun witches on display. Unfortunately it was UEA weekend and apparently EVERY other family in the valley thought it would be a fun free outing too. We still had a good time. I'm sure the girls didn't even notice the crowds. The main reason I did was because of the long walk from the over-over flow parking lot, and even more so, the l...o...n...g walk back. ;) Here's a pick of the ladies with their new witchy friend.
Strangely enough, I didn't get them all dolled up in Halloween outfits. That's usually right up my alley, but I didn't think about it this time. You should note, however that both girls are wearing rain boots on a perfectly sunny day. ;)Last weekend we went up to Snowbird. They had a "customer appreciation" day where if you brought up canned food, you could ride the tram for free. Good deal for a good cause. We had a blast. Here's a pic from the top of Hidden Peak (where the upper tram dock is).
It was fabulous. We haven't hiked any peaks this year so it was great to be up at such a high elevation with such breath taking views.After the tram, we let the girls bounce in the bounce house and on the slide.
I didn't get a picture of the slide because every time Naiya hiked up to the top, she would start crying (she gets anxiety about a lot of people on a slide). This would get Eva crying too, and I had to either hike up or coax them down. This happened like 4 times. (You'd think they'd learn by time number 2, but not so much!) :)This morning we went to Barnes and Noble for story time. Curious George dropped by for a visit. The girls were LOVING it (not that you can tell from this picture).
Poor Eva really liked him from a distance but would cling to me like there's no tomorrow when we got too close. When it was time for him to go, however, she cried and cried that she wanted him to stay. She even mentioned it again later. "Mom, I really wanted Curious Monkey to come back, but he didn't. That's not nice." Funny girl!I'm having technical difficulties with getting the pictures to post. Apparently everyone in the the entire blog-o-sphere is blogging right now and the system is a little over loaded. I'll post them later... I PROMISE for real this time.
*Look... I actually followed throught with a promise to post pictures of something in a reasonable amount of time! :)
2 comments:
You have been very busy; but at least you have been doing fun stuff. Your girls are so cute; I am so glad that I am two girls too.
Love the pictures! I'm glad you got them to post! You guys are always doing such fun and cute things...it makes me so motivated to do the same! :o)
Post a Comment