Thursday, January 1, 2009
Bessie
If you know me, you know I LOVE my Subaru. All-wheel drive plus snow tires and I'm feel invinsible. Snow? I laugh in the face of snow. BRING IT ON! Except that right now...and for the next little while I don't have my Subaru. I have Bessie. Bessie does not have 4 wheel drive. Bessie does not have snow tires. Driving Bessie in a snow storm is not fun. It makes my bottom sore from all the clenching. It makes my teeth sore from all the grinding. It makes my eyeballs dry from not blinking. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate all Bessie has done for us the last couple of weeks. She has delivered my little family home safely on Christmas day when I thought it impossible. I will do my best to take good care of Bessie until the 16th (hopefully not much longer), but I can't wait to get the Subie back. I miss him. Thankfully he'll be back soon. For now, I will be taking the "Let It Snow" sign off of my door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hopefully you can unclench soon! :)
Can I just tell you how much I truly ENJOY reading your blog? I've known you for so many years and I feel like I'm still learning about you (and always learning from you!) and I love it. So thank you for having your blog. :o) Happy New Year!! :o) (And I hope Subie comes home ASAP!)
Lucie, you are so cute. I just love reading your blog. You're an amazing writer and I just love to visit. I hope that Bessie can continue to serve you, and before you know it, Subie will be back!!
your very funny.. i know its horrible driving in the snow with no 4 wheel drive and no snow tires. Our last car was a little 2 door ford focus. It was so not fun to drive that in the snow. I slid in that car last winter alot! I always hated to drive then. the car we have now is a little better. One of these days will probably have to get a 4 wheel drive car with snow tires. sometimes you just get what you can afford.
Post a Comment