My girls are sick. Nothing serious just schmucky noses that drain down and make them cough much of the night. (READ: no sleep for anyone) As a result of this, I felt that everyone (mostly me) could benefit from the girls taking a nap after lunch. They got their snuggle toys. We read stories. I turned on their sleepy-time music at 12:45. I went downstairs to list the old truck on Craig's List and to blog about the new one.
At 12:50 they both came down. Naiya needed a drink of water. Eva didn't want one, but came anyway for moral support.
At 12:53 Eva wanted a cup of water.
At 1:07 they both came down again. Naiya wanted a cup of tea with honey. Eva didn't want one but once again came anyway.
At 1:20 Eva wanted a cup of tea.
At 1:40 they both came down. Naiya needed to go to the bathroom. Eva didn't. (The only bathroom in our house is UP stairs.)
At 2:05 Naiya needed to go to the bathroom again. Eva still didn't. I decided to stay upstairs to get some other work done and try to keep them in the room.
At 2:30 Eva came out with a poopy diaper... and Naiya had to pee again. I told them that enough was enough and that they were not to leave the room again until after getting some sleep.
At 2:37 Naiya called me into the room. She asked for a warm cup of soy milk. I said no. I told her she could have soy milk AFTER her nap. I took their books away (they had each stacked up at least 15 books on their beds since I first left them in the room) turned on the music again and tucked them in. Naiya told me "I just don't know why grown-ups are no fun."
It wasn't until 2:57 that I confirmed that they were both asleep. That's over 2 hours of trying to get them to take a nap.
At 4:03 Naiya emerged from the bedroom.
At 4:17 Eva was up.
That's just over an hour of actual sleep.
Fortunately I was brought back into their good favor by allowing them to play their new Leap Frog computer game that they got from Uncle Martin for Christmas. After Naiya finished her turn, she came to me, gave me a hug and said, "Mom, I'm proud of you." For what? I asked. "For finally being fun and letting me play the Thomas game." I guess Cindy was right all along... girls really do just want to have fun.
4 comments:
Cute Naiya.
I love the play-by-play of naptime! I can totally see it all in my head. So sorry your girls have been sick! But lucky for them they have such a nice mama to make sure they get better :o)
so funny! I almost felt like i was there. Your girls are too funny and cute. I love the comment about why are grown ups no fun. ( maybe because our kids drive us crazy sometimes) hmm i can totally relate to that.
She is a hoot. Seriously! You're a very great writer Lucie! I can totally see your girls doddling! Never a dull moment, huh!? SO CUTE.
Post a Comment