Monday, June 29, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

Yup I just referenced a nursery rhyme in the title to this post.... am I the mother of toddlers or what?!
After a week at the ranch, a half a day home and another week at teacher training, everyone is home now. (Well not RIGHT now, Jared is a work.) The Chamberlain family reunion was fantastic. The toe didn't slow me down too much, but it did keep me closer to the lodge than in previous years which means I spent more time with the family. This was nice. I also had a nap almost every day with my two tired girls.... also nice. It really was a great trip.

Here's the one pic that I have so far (because I stole it from Dave). I'll post more when I have a minute to download.

Thanks to all the older girls for working so hard on getting every one's shirts made and organizing the game day!!

The teacher training was good. It was A LOT of work (especially the nightly memorization). I do feel like I learned more than I did in previous years and I feel better equipped to use this knowledge next year. I had a chance to swim almost every night which was great for my foot. I also went on the fossil hike they do each week. Not the best choice for my foot, but it was wonderful to get out, and the view was gorgeous. Unfortunately I didn't take a single picture that week so you'll just have to imagine it. ;)

It's good to be home and have my family back. Thanks to my mom and dad for working so hard to keep the girls safe and happy this week. They had a blast. As you can imagine, I've got loads of things to catch up on after 2 weeks of being out of civilization; so this quick summary will have to do for now. More stories and pictures to come!

5 comments:

Mel said...

Isn't the ranch wonderful! Now we just need to be there at the same time.

Brookie Biggers said...

YA! I sounds like you guys ahad so much fun!Congrats! I love the picture you put up, what cute girls.

PS maybe you should be careful around the furniture for a while though, GIVE YOU TOE A BREAK.

Ware Family said...

I really love that picture of you guys, such a beautiful family!!

The Richardsons said...

I'm so sorry about your toe! Isnt it great that the ranch offers so much for the active and inactive? :) We might not be able to go this year because of the higher prices, so I am having depression :( I bet it is so beautiful this year too because of all the rain!

Jen M said...

cute family picture. i'm so happy your teacher training went well. Sounds like you had a great time at the chamberlain family reunion.