Friday, June 12, 2009

Seattle

It's been a few weeks since I had my first mommy break for more than a night... and also the first time I've been in a separate state from my girls. I guess it's time I filled you in. I won't lie. I cried. The girls on the other hand, were fine. I must admit that Eva seemed a little confused as to why I was getting out of the car at the airport she wasn't. Naiya, however, couldn't get me out of the car fast enough.
It was great to see my friend Courtney (whom I LOVE), celebrate her 30th, meet some of her friends, spend some time in Seattle (which I LOVE), and to have a break. We honestly didn't do too much. In fact I only took 5 pictures. Here's some of what I got:
The Dancing Queen on her birthday (with her friend Brodi)-
I love that after all these year apart. Courtney and I still dance the same (hands in loose fists, elbows glued to rib-cage and shake it!)
Here we (Courtney, Me and her friend Amber) are at the Mecca where Courtney is a server on Sunday mornings (apparently I think it's hilarious):
We went to "Folk Life" which is a local hippy fest. This is the only picture I got there (????):

There was good food, good company, and good fun. Thank you to Nee-ma and Pa for taking such good care of the girls while I was gone and for the great early b-day gift (the trip). Thank you to Courtney for turning 30 and showing me a good time. Thank you to Monkey(the cat) for keeping me warm by sleeping on my bottom each night I was there. Thank you to Jared for letting me go! Maybe we'll make it an annual trip (what do you say, Nee-ma and Pa?! ;)

3 comments:

Jen M said...

i'm so happy you had a great time in seattle. I still have never been there. maybe someday.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me (the annual trip)! :)
Love, mom

Unknown said...

I am so glad you two had a good time in Seattle! I am grateful to your parents for their part.

Sue