Friday, September 25, 2009
My Personal Tornado
Life is hectic. Lately I feel like I have a little tornado following me everywhere I go. I run through the house picking things up, throwing in a load of laundry/dishes, preparing for our busy mornings... When I'm getting ready to leave in the morning, I am the tornado. Then as soon as I'm sitting still in the car, the tornado is in my head. I run through the check list of things that I was supposed to do or still need to do. It's never ending. Even weekends are a little (way) crazy. This weekend, for example, Jared has gone on his annual boys camping trip. He will be back Sunday afternoon. After school today the girls and I had a work party to go to. Then it was cleaning up and getting the girls to bed. Now I have to grade SAT booklets (which we do by hand) because tomorrow we have my food co-op in the morning (I signed up to do some volunteering before the camping trip came about), as well as the usual Saturday chores. I promised the girls a trip to the park to ride their bicycles and then we will go to Neema and Pa's house. I will put the girls to bed there tomorrow night and , after they are asleep, I will go to my friends house warming party. On Sunday I will be taking the girls to the Circus at 10:00 as part of Eva's birthday celebration. (She will turn 3 on Tuesday.) Jared should come home in the afternoon and then we are off to dinner up at the Chamberlain's. Somewhere in between there I need to get my regular lesson planning and prep done. Did I mention that since it is Eva's birthday she is in charge(I guess I'm really the one in charge) of am and pm snacks for her preschool on Monday and Tuesday (they have different kids on MWF and on T Th). I'm tellin' ya a tornado. Oh.. and tomorrow is our 6th wedding anniversary. My gift to Jared was to let him go on this camping trip. The other guys planned it, and I knew he really wanted to go. I thought maybe I'd start working on our wedding album while he was gone so that he could have a real gift... but maybe lucky number 7 will be the year that I get that done. Speaking of gifts.... what am I going to get Eva for her birthday... and when the crap am I going to go shopping for it??!! I sure do miss the "hectic" of yester-year. No time for "The 12 Days of Christmas" to run through my head any more. I've only been doing this for a month. I know moms (like mine) who have always worked full time. How do they do this month after month, year after year?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looking in from the outside you would never know in a million years that you were feeling crunched for time. You could give lessons in multitasking and I would be the first one in line to sign up for your class!! (P.S. I remember your post with the 12 days of Christmas song you improvised - it still makes me laugh!)
Hang in there! You are doing way better than I could ever hope. You are wonderwoman!!!
Lucie, I can't tell you how much I can completely relate to this! I love your honesty it is a relief to know i am not the only one who feels the tornado IN MY HEAD!
Lucie, trust me, all the other moms who work and make it look easy are just good at faking it, pretending. It's a tornado for every mom who cares, and you care above and beyond. You do amazing job with the girls (it's not enough for kids to be born smart, they do require a lot of attention and work), Dr. Reed told me about how great of a teacher you are and I know that, and above all you care about everybody else, people you love as well as people you don't even know. So be proud of yourself as much as we are of you and hang in there, things will get a little easier with time. Love, mom
So how did your week go? I'm sure you did a great job with everything. I know we don't know each other very well yet. I do have faith in you that things went smoothly. I do too go threw tornado's of so much to do and so little time. I try to always remind myself that everything will all work out for it self. Also to not over schedule my kids and myself. Happy late 6th anniversay! My husbands and i's 6th will be this december. Time goes by too fast.
Working moms are amazing. You are the [Wo]man!
Post a Comment