Friday, April 25, 2008

Arbor Day @ the Gardens

What a fun day! Today we went up to Red Butte Gardens. They had a free day in honor of Arbor Day. There were little educational stations set up for all the kids and everyone got a free tree to take home and plant. The weather was great, and the girls loved it. It was so busy that we had to ride the shuttle from the street parking to the parking lot, but the girls just saw this as icing on the cake. They loved the bus ride (although they kept calling it a school bus) and were so cute to say "Thanks for the ride" to the driver as they got off. (Naiya said it first and Eva copies almost everything she says!). The kids area was a blast; and although the gardens aren't in full bloom just yet, it was beautiful. I guess they do the free day every year on Arbor Day. I highly recommend it, but I also recommend going early as there are lots of kiddos and school groups that take advantage of the killer deal.
Unfortunately for me, I forgot the camera, so I can't share pics of the day, but I think we'll get a pass this year, so I'm sure pictures from Red Butte will be posted at some point this summer!

This is the tiny little tree that we got to bring home. His name is Twiggy!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Wow, sounds like you guys have had a great couple of days! Naiya and her new trike, homemade play-doh AND a trip to Red Butte Gardens complete with your own new little tree! I can't wait to see the pictures! :o)

Christy said...

Fun stuff! We'll have to do that together next year. Wednesday was fun, too bad we didn't have better weather...maybe next time! I'm also happy to hear of the return of the pea!