Saturday, September 6, 2008
1% More Prepared for an Emergency
In case of an emergency (i.e. a huge scary earthquake), the trunk of my car now holds the following: a spare tire, jumper cables, a can of that tire inflater stuff, tools, matches, emergency blankets and ponchos, a whistle, a compass (and that will help me how exactly?) calorie bars (that I'm sure are NOT vegan but they taste like sugar cookie dough, so I'll overlook that), an umbrella, sunscreen, a first aid kit, 2 flashlights, 12 hour glow sticks, a blanket, a potty (That's right, I said a POTTY. Stop judging me!), extra diapers and wipes, Clorox disinfecting wipes, water, bubbles (for my entertainment) Costco, Harmon's, and Whole Foods grocery bags (that I always forget to use anyway), and a mini phone book. The car's all set (unless you all inform me of something I missed). I just have one question, where am I going to put my groceries?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good for you!! And I LOVE the potty idea! I was just thinking I'd stick a 72-hour kit for each of us in the car, but now I'm rethinking my whole approach. You've given me such good ideas!
Good for you. You might remember the purle wagon from high school. Well I had a case of chili in the back to weigh down the tires with a can opener so if I got stuck at least I had something to eat. Thanks Dad! I think you are better off. I am all for being prepared (even though I am not).
I just remember you and Dawn on Loan Peak with a picnic table cloth and not much else. In any case, even the table cloth came to some use. :)) Lucie, you are a survivor and I am sure you will be just fine in any emergency. I am proud of you. Love, mom
Post a Comment