We went out to the Great Salt Lake last weekend. It was pretty but very much smaller than I remember it. I haven't been out there in probably 8 years when my high school friend Courtney and I would attend random concerts out at Saltaire. The thing that made it just OK for me was the smell, and the way the smell sticks to you! I also wasn't a big fan of the fact that you have to walk out about 1/2 mile from Saltaire to actually get to any water. Oh, and the hundreds of dead bird carcasses along the way weren't wonderful either.
The girls, however didn't notice any of that and had a great time just the same. They are all about water!
Here are a couple pics...

1 comment:
Ew, I hate the smell too. I'm glad I don't live out that way anymore. Yuck.
And the brine flies "raining" on my windshield as I drive on I80.
Post a Comment