Sunday, November 2, 2008

When I Grow Up...

Last night as I was putting Naiya to bed after another long day with no nap, the conversation went a little something like this:

N- Do you know what I want to be when I grow up?
Me- Thomas the Tank Engine?
N- No, mom, there's only one Thomas.
Me- Then I don't know.
N- I want to be a boy.

The rest of the conversation was me suppressing laughter and trying to briefly explain that, usually, things didn't work that way. With a little tom-boy like her around, Jared really shouldn't feel bad that we never had a boy!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I love it! The other day Dylan asked me how old Stan was. "39," I said. "When are you 39?" he asked. "Not for a while," I replied. "When you're a dad?" he suggested helpfully. :o) Don't you love the way little minds work?

Mel said...

That is so funny. I love what kids say; you never know what to expect.