Monday, March 1, 2010

In Like a Lion**

The month of March is living up to the saying. It's not the weather. (The weather is actually quite mild and lovely.) It's all the stuff that is going on. I am currently blogging from Neema and Pa's house where we are house/dog sitting for another 6 days. It is nice here, and I get a lot done. I actually get my bottom out for a walk with the dog now and again, which is good. One thing I haven't been getting a lot of is sleep. Quilla is a barker. The girls don't take kindly to that at night. Also, they are sick. AGAIN! (I could scream, will scream, and am currently screaming.) It's not too severe this time, but the second night here (Friday night) Naiya woke up with this quiet (progressively getting louder) cry of "help!" Her eyes were goobered shut. Poor thing couldn't figure out why she couldn't open her eyes. She's been sick since then and is just starting to feel better. Meanwhile Eva wasn't feeling hot on Sunday and last night she climbed into my bed in the dark night asking for a snuggle. Then she whispered in my ear, "Mom, when morning comes, will you please help me open my eye." Sure enough, she'd been goobered too. (I would like to add that I did NOT make the poor child wait until morning before I helped her peel open her little eye.) Plus I woke up with a cold sore on my nose. I do not get a lot of cold sores, although they do come now and again. I have never had one on my nose. I will get by quite nicely for the whole rest of my life it if never happens again.
Report card final number are due this week. Parent teacher conferences are in two weeks. My class (and the other first graders) need to learn the May Pole Dance because 3 weeks from now we will be performing it in the Shakespeare Festival. That will mean one day time and two evening performances. Meanwhile I have to remind myself to breathe.

On a (some) positive note(s), Here are some things that I am thankful for....
1- Besides these damn colds my family is fairly healthy. (Before this round hit, it had been at least a month since we were sick.)
2- I have a job.
3- Jared's schedule is flexible enough that he can stay home the girls when they are sick.
4- We have a roof over our heads. (Currently we have 2!)
5- Cold sores don't last forever.
6- My kids are so darn cute.
7- When I home today the girls hugged me as if they hadn't seen me in a week. (I LOVE that and will miss it dearly when that stops.)
8- Tomorrow is teacher appreciation day and the parents are making us lunch AND staying with our classes during lunch so that we can enjoy eating it. (Normally we eat lunch with our class.)
9- Spring break is only 5 weeks away.
10- My 27 year old brother lives in a tree house in Washington... seriously. (I'm thankful for that because it makes me giggle and it makes him happy.)


Here's to hoping that March goes out like a lamb. :)


** As a side note strictly for Courtney... "Don't I look like a lion? ROAR!"

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, I love and miss you so very much! Is the lion in the kitchen? Rolling around on the floor? Il leone e in cucina!

Mel said...

I am so sorry to hear that the girls are sick. It is the worst having sick kiddos. I hope April is more like a lamb than the lion.