Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sad, Sick,& Sleepy Snuggles

Little T has his first cold.  It was bound to happen, and frankly, I am surprised he lasted this long without one.  The day we brought him home from the hospital, Naiya was sick. Since he has come home, we have had stomach bugs(mom & Naiya), influenza (Naiya) and persistent colds (dad & Naiya). Poor Naiya has taken the brunt of it all this season, but amazingly Eva and Tennessee have avoided it all. (Well, until now.)
Sweet little peanut is clearly feeling rotten with a stuffy nose that makes it hard for him to nurse or keep his binky in.  I've tried to keep him as comfortable as possible by clearing his nose (not exactly comfortable in itself, but the results are comforting), using a humidifier and having plenty of snuggle time with momma.
Still, it's hard to sleep when you can't breathe easily. Luckily I remembered this awesome lavender pet that a friend got Tennessee for Christmas.  I warmed it up a little in the dryer and snuggled up with the pet and Tennessee.  Within minutes he was sleeping soundly (snoring like a champ). 

I'm so grateful for our amazing friends and for little comforts to help along the way.

1 comment:

Mel said...

He is absolutely adorable! I hate when babies are sick, especially when they can't nurse. I need to come meet and squeeze this little cutie.