Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins

I made these muffins this morning and remembered that someone recently asked me for the recipe, so here it is:

1 1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. evaporated cane juice
6 tbsp. ground flax meal
1/8-1/4 cup applesauce

Preheat oven to 375. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin cups.
Mix ingredients in order given. The batter should be a little thicker than regular muffins, but if it seems too thick or chunky add a bit more applesauce.
Scoop into muffin cups.
Top with topping.

Topping (in separate bowl mix together the following):
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tbsp. melted Smart Balance spread

Bake for about 15 minutes!

This is a recipe I found and altered. If you want to see the original recipe you can visit this link on cooks.com.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Thank you for the recipe! I'll be sure to try it out! :o)