Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Mommy-Eva Outing

I took the girls to my mom's today thinking that I would go workout for a little bit. On my way there I got inspired to instead take Eva out for a little quality time. Occasionally I take Naiya with me to run errands when Eva is sleeping and Jared is home, but I never really get to take just Eva out. I left Naiya with Neema and took Eva with me to run some errands and help me pick stuff out for Naiya's birthday party. She was SOOO good. I couldn't believe it was the same child from yesterday. She was happy, smiling, joyously helping pick things for her sisiter. It was a wonderful experience, and the whole rest of the day was better too. Poor little Eva. All she needed was some special time.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I LOVE that you had an outing with just Eva! I'm so convinced that one-on-one time with each kid is essential to not only their sense of specialness and well-being, but to us as moms as well for our own sense of connectivity with each child. It's so easy to get lost in the mayhem that raising small children can be. You have such beautiful little girls and they are so SO lucky to have you as their mom! You are amazing, Lucie :o)