Soooo... I have been so caught up in my "Teach Your Tots" blog, tutoring, purging stuff from my house, earthquake prep, and Eva's birthday (this weekend) that I sort of overlooked something big. REALLY big. Our 5th anniversary is this Friday! It totally snuck up on me. I was planning on doing our wedding album (no, I still haven't done that, don't judge me) and giving it to Jared as a gift. That SOOOO didn't happen, and at this point I don't see how I could possibly get it done. Maybe for Christmas (with a little help from you scrap booking experts out there!). So what do I do now? We are buying a new kings size bed to replace our sad queen. That will be the big gift. But I want to do something nice to surprise him too. I thought about refinishing our dresser and end tables and getting a cute bedding set for the new bed. I don't know if he will want to give some input into the bed set though. Anyone have any ideas that are slightly easier to finish in just a few days keeping in mind that I am tutoring this week and will have my girls all the time too. Come on ladies (and gents if there are any reading this) help me out. I know y'all have some great ideas.
B.T.W. I know Jared only reads the blog when I pull it up for him on the computer so I'm not worried about spoiling the surprise.
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary a few days early!! I wish I had a fabulous idea for you, but all I can think of is a nice date night...dinner and a fun activity. Stan suggests a weekend to yourselves...I hope you guys have a wonderful day regardless!
Happy 5 years! We just celebrated ours in May. And don't worry I don't have my wedding album done either, oops. I think that the bedding idea is great and I don't think he needs any input :) As far as any other ideas I am the worst. Mark is so picky I never know what to get for him. Good Luck! And have a wonderful Anniversary.
I'd love to do a weekend, but Eva's B-day is Monday so we have parties all weekend for that. Maybe we can do a late celebration though. I love the idea of having a nice block of time to ourselves.
Maybe get tickets for something fun (if there is anything fun going on).
I am no help because I am terrible at things like that.
But I wanted to say Happy Anniversary anyway!
Post a Comment