Saturday, September 13, 2008
Mission Accomplished.. and Then Some!
It was exactly one month ago today that I took my 100 thing challenge. My goal was to get rid of 100 things in one month. Since then I have prepared to get rid of over 500 individual items. Some things I gave to people who could use them (books, fabric, baby stuff), and some things (lots of things) I tossed. Today we had the first 1/2 of a yard sale. We got rid of SOOO much stuff. I even got rid of the crib, swing, bouncy seat, etc. It's kinda sad to let go of all the baby things. So many memories. We have lots more stuff ready for the second half of the yard sale. The rest will be donated. I feel like I have doubled the space in our closets and basement. Plus we made a little cash so we can start buying a bunch more stuff to fill the house with. Wa-hoo! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm soooo jealous of you that you got to get rid of all your baby stuff!
I have no idea how long it's going to be for me until I'm sure I'm done (or not....kill me now).
And right now, I have double baby stuff everywhere, though it's certainly not as bad as a few months ago.
I fantasize about the day people come to take away my crib, playpen, high chair, changing table, and rocker. Fantasize.
Ooh, I love garage sales! Just talking about it is making me anxious to have one! There's nothing like having people pay you to take away stuff you don't need anymore. Yay for purging!! :o)
Post a Comment